Catforms Testing Service takes a unique approach to achievement tests for private schools and homeschools. We use the California Achievement Tests, 1970 edition, with our own methods of scoring and reporting test results. Here's what we believe; we think you'll agree:
... that you should be in control of your testing.
- Testing is available any time of the year.
- Our prices are very affordable.
- You have sixty days to test once we ship your test booklets and other materials.
- Results will be returned to you promptly. See details on our order form.
... that test administration should not require a rocket scientist (or even a certified teacher).
- Everything you need is included: booklets, student response sheets, and clear directions.
- The 1970 CAT is nationally normed and is accepted in most states for homeschool use and reporting.
- A few states do require homeschool students to be tested by a certified teacher, or with a newer or specific test. Check your state requirements or other information on our Frequently Asked Questions page. (Click "Back" on your browser to return to this screen)
... that your test results should be easy to understand.
- We give detailed explanations of potentially confusing terms like grade equivalents, percentiles, stanines, and more.
- Color line and bar graphs help you make sense of the numbers at a glance.
... that you should get practical use from your tests.
- The CAT measures the basic skills needed for academic success: reading, math, language, and spelling.
- Cumulative results show your student's progress from year to year.
- A detailed analysis shows your students' specific strengths and weaknesses.
- Comparisons are made with current private schools and homeschools, as well as with 1970 public school students.
- You receive professionally printed results to submit to school authorities, if you need to do so.
How the Catforms Program Works
We provide testing materials and scoring services for the 1970 CAT for schools and homeschools. This test is difficult to obtain, but we have an inventory of reusable test booklets for grades 4-12. To order homeschool testing online, click here. For specific details and paper order forms, see our School and Home School pages. For contact information, see About Us.
Benefits of the Catforms Program
- Cumulative Results: Each student’s test records show both the current test results and also those of previous years, giving you a better picture of his/her progress or lack of it.
- Color: The test results you receive will be graphically displayed in color, giving you an abundance of information in a readable format. Home schools especially appreciate having professionally printed results to present to school authorities.
- Detail: The Test Analysis for Levels 3-5 gives details impossible to achieve with hand scoring and generally unavailable with other testing services, or else mind-numbing in their complexity.
- Multiple Scores: Your student’s test results show a variety of scores, including percentiles, grade equivalents, stanines, and Achievement Development Scale Scores (ADSS). We even have a percentile score based on the tests we have on file, which gives you a current point of reference in addition to the original 1970 norms.
- Convenience: There is no comparison between the drudgery of hand scoring and the ease of using the Catforms program. Use the time you save to actually make use of the information we provide, instead of stashing your test results in a file and forgetting about them.
- Accuracy: Computer scoring, even with occasional sloppy marking of answer sheets, is much more accurate than hand scoring. Our system has recorded over 80,000 tests since 1994, with almost no accuracy issues.
- Value: Our prices are lower than testing services provided by most other testing services, and the features we offer are unique.
- Speed: We guarantee fast turnaround time on orders and test scoring. Restrictions apply.